Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Quilt Inspired Card

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to take this time and share with you my card that is quilt inspired! Now, I am not one for quilting nor am I even good with a sewing machine. But I pulled that bad boy out and tackled (not skillfully) this card! I basically used cotton ball and stuffed each "puff" on the card, I then sewed around the edges of the "puffs".


After I was able to finalize the sewing, (which took way longer than expected!) I simply wrapped the card with my jute twine, inked the card with Vintage Photo ink from Ranger/Tim Holtz. Once I inked it I realized it kind of made the card look camouflage, which was a pleasant surprise! I then stamped the squares from the Get Inky! Set, that can be found here (it is a sneak peek!). The Winter Wishes sentiment was then doubled stamped with the Fiskars Winter Wishes set, it was inked with both Vintage photo, then Black Soot by Tim Holtz/Ranger.

I hope this inspires you to pull your sewing machine out, and use it for something other than mending holes in clothing, or collecting dust. :) Don't forget to stop by the Challenge Blog to Get Inky! with us!

Till Next Time,
Hugs,
-Jamie
www.capture-your-memories.weebly.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to reading your comments!