Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Annmakes a Bling Sailboat


Hi, Look what I baked up this week!  For the Get Inky! challenge which is "Bling". Yes, I baked this.  It is made of shrink plastic, no kidding!

I downloaded this awesome Sailboat Digital stamp from Get Inky! for Blue Moon Creations.  I scaled the image to 250% and printed it onto a Frosted Ruff n Ready Shrink plastic sheet (rough side) which measured 8 x 10 inches prior to shrinking. First I cut the scallop edge of the plastic and pierced the top two holes and the 6 scallop holes with my trusty Crop-A-Dile set at 3/16. ( It is easier to cut the shrink plastic prior to baking.)  I coloured the sailboat on the rough sid,where it was printed, with my Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils in :  Ivory, White, Brown Ochre, Gold Ochre, and Van Dyke Brown.  I also used a Prismacolor Premier marker in Sepia.

 Over on the shiny side I used Adirondack alcohol inks in the colours: Bottle, Stonewashed, Stream, Pool, and Sailboat blue.  To apply the inks I squirted  several drops on the plastic and blended the colours with an Adirondack felt applicator.

 I followed the baking instructions on the package for the Shrink Plastic and it turned into a 4 x 6 inch piece.  I intended to use this as a sun catcher to hang in a window.  However, I was unable to get a good photograph of it in a real window, it is difficult to capture an object while looking straight at the sun!

I used some beads from other project left overs and some broken jewelry and I threaded them onto jewelry string which I hung from the holes in the scallops.  I made the hanger out of an unwanted old macrame and glass bead bracelet.  I chose it because of the seashell in  the large top glass bead. I attached some brads with bling through the two top holes of the plastic  to hold the bracelet/hanger.  The hanging beads had some bling and I added more with some Stickles.
I found this small glass ring type bead encrusted with faux rhinestones and decided it would make a cute  decoration on the side of the sailboat.

Check out the challenge from Get Inky! and have fun with some bling!
 There will be a top three chosen.  AND, One Super Inky! winner who will receive this set.   All participants will receive THREE FREE DIGI STAMPS.

 Don't forget to check out other good stuff at Blue Moon Creations.  To see more of my projects go have a look at my blog Annmakes.blogspot.com.  Don't forget to leave a comment and your email in the box to the left so you can follow my going ons.

Thanks for looking and go  GetInky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! We look forward to reading your comments!